For these years, IPL has become more than a secret among salon. People who love beauty are keen to understand what it is and how if work. There are a few pages about the IPL Hair removal. But most of them just mentioned how much it cost and how it works. Today, let’s dive into the topic about what you must know before IPL treatment.
Normally, People will ask questions listed below, you could find the answer you might be interested in:
- Does IPL hair removal have any bad side effects?
- Why does IPL hair removal not work on dark skin?
- Why is laser hair removal bad compared to IPL hair removal?
- What skin conditions can be healed with IPL?
- Are IPL treatments Painful?
1. Does IPL hair removal have any bad side effects?
Sure. With One of the most advanced technology, IPL, called “intense pulsed light” could permanently reduce the growth of the hair root and preventing regrowth. This treatment makes the hairy area go into its resting status. The hair will fall out and eventually your body grows less hair in that area. There are some minor side effects you should know.
- Swelling -swelling around the hair follicles, depending on the patients’ treatment.
- Pigment -Pigment changes may occur, especially in those with darker skin – these changes are usually temporary
- Redness -slight redness of the skin
- Light bruising -skin discoloration from a skin or tissue injury, but minor.
- Itching -You may feel itchy in treated area because that area is under regrowth.
2. Why does IPL hair removal not work on dark skin?
Because the IPL hair removal targets the Pigment in the hair. There is a contrast between dark hair and lighter skin so the laser can focus on the hair root, that is to say, it’s the perfect condition for someone with fair skin and dark hair. Then, they give out intense light at the follicle, making the hair no longer grow. Unfortunately, the at home IPL hair removal device are not that sophisticated. People with dark skin should be wary of at-home devices.
3. Why is laser hair removal bad compared to IPL hair removal?
Due to the different light technology in IPL and laser, an IPL treatment is quicker and the side effects of IPL are minor. With the wide spectrum of light, IPL can treat larger areas of skin while laser hair removal only works point by point. So, you can adapt your hair removal precisely to your hair growth with IPL– for a long-term reduction of hair growth and beautifully smooth skin.
Besides, with the risk of burns, irritation and pigment disorders, Laser hair removal treatment should be used professionally in beauty salons. An at home IPL device like Pinkzio sapphire IPL hair removal can save money in the long run and say goodbye to annoying appointments.
4. What skin conditions can be healed with IPL?
IPL is a unique treatment option that can be used to treat a wide variety of cosmetic concerns including:
- Uneven skin pigmentation
- Facial redness
- Vascular birthmarks
- Broken capillaries
- Age spots
- Sun damage
For Pinkzio IPL deivce, it's better be used as hair removal. 4-8 weeks of treatments can get 90% hair reduction. It is clinically proved to act on hair follicles to achieve permanent hair removal, offering you the same hair removal effect like in a beauty salon. Its portable design is the best for your convenience.
5. Are IPL treatments Painful?
Not at all! Traditional hair removal, a cosmetic skin treatment, can reduce the signs of aging or remove unwanted hair with a feeling of slight burning. But with Sapphire, a crystal-like stone with a high level of thermal conductivity, the device can utilize a minimally conductive cooling chip to cool the internal and external sides of the stone. So the whole process will not be painful.
Thank you for staying. If you have some other questions, feel free to make a comment down below.
Here is the next part: This is what you must know before IPL treatment (Update 2022-Part 2)