Topics about IPL hair removal always goes viral on summer. You may wonder if the IPL hair removal device really works. And how can you choose the right device for yourself? Can men use IPL hair removal? Learn about the top IPL benefits and how to use an IPL at home, helping improve your hair removal experience. The Pinkzio IPL hair removal technology is intriguing as well.
Before IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- For at least two weeks prior to treatment, do not wax, pluck, or tweeze.
- Do not tan or use self-tanner 2 weeks before treatment.
- Do a shave before your treatment. Try to shave as close as possible.
After IPL Hair Removal Treatment
Side effects-You may experience redness and bumps at the treatment site immediately following treatment, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. It's normal to feel like you've gotten a sunburn. If necessary, cold compresses or ice packs can be applied to reduce swelling or discomfort.
- Listen to the doctor-Your doctor might prescribe you a steroid cream to use once or twice daily until the redness has subsided to treat swelling and redness.
- Use gentle cleansers- After the laser treatments, you can shower and use soap. Gently cleanse the skin with gentle cleansers (CeraVe, Free & Clear) and lukewarm water, but DO NOT rub vigorously. Pat the skin dry rather than rubbing it. After 24 hours, deodorant can be applied to the underarms.
- Skin moisturizers- Skin moisturizers and makeup can be applied immediately if the skin is not broken.
- Avoid sun exposure- To reduce the possibility of dark or light spots, avoid sun exposure and apply a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunblock SPF30 or higher to the treatment area at all times.
Depending on the area being treated, follow-up treatments, should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks. The best results will come from consistent treatments. To achieve the desired result, 9-12 consecutive treatments are usually recommended, followed by maintenance treatments once or twice a year.
How Does IPL Hair Removal Work?
IPL uses light energy to precisely target and remove pigmented or damaged skin cells or hair follicles. To be specific, it is a flash of light that passes through a filter to produce a wavelength of light that is absorbed by melanin (hair and skin color). The light heats up and disables or destroys the growing cells surrounding the 'hot living hair,' resulting in a follicle that struggles to produce new hair.
How To Use IPL Hair Removal?
Take Pinkzio IPL hair removal as an example:
Step 1: Remove all visible hair in the area you want to treat with your preferred hair removal method, like shaving. Make sure that there is no hair remaining above the surface of the skin. Then keep your skin dry.
Step 2: Do a test. Choose a small area on the arm. Use the LOW treatment level and follow the treatment instructions make sure to emit only 1~2 shots. Only if you feel comfortable, you can continue to reach the higher levels or the maximum. Stop the test once you do not feel comfortable, as increasing the level increases the risk of adverse effects.
Step 3: Put the nozzle in full contact with the skin to make sure the product works correctly. If the indicator light flashes white, a valid skin tone is detected. If not in proper contact with the skin, the device will not flash. In the case of no light, there is not full contact or it is an invalid skin tone.
Step 4: For larger body areas use auto flash mode: the skin sensor takes effect for 0.2 seconds, flash it once. For smaller areas and sensitive areas, use manual flash mode, press once for flash one time.
Step 5: It is important to clean the light-emitting window after every use.
Step 6: In the first phase of your treatment, treat once or twice a week for 6-12 weeks. Then adjust to your needs (i.e., every 1-2 months).
How Long Between IPL Hair Removal Treatments?
We suggest that you can use the device twice a week. In the first month, hair will be significantly reduced by 50%.
IPL Hair Removal Science
We create a blog before, check this out: All You Want to Know about Sapphire IPL Technology
IPL Quick Tips & Tricks
- IPL is only effective when the hair follicle is present and has not been removed by waxing or epilation, so avoid these procedures prior to receiving IPL.
- Using a high-SPF sunscreen is always a good idea, but we strongly advise it after an IPL treatment.
- Remember to do a patch test-How to test: Choose a small area on the arm. Use the LOW treatment level and follow the treatment instructions as required by Recommended SKIN TONE Table but make sure to emit only 1-2 shots. Only if you feel comfortable, you can continue to reach the higher levels or the maximum. Stop the test once you do not feel comfortable, as increasing the level increases the risk of adverse effects.
- If shaving causes redness and irritation, we recommend shaving the night before your IPL treatment.
- Remember to moisturize afterwards to keep your skin hydrated.
Most IPL hair removal devices are safe to use for everyone, but there are a few key tips to keep your handset in top condition and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for you.
- Avoid using your at-home IPL device near your eyes (only below your cheekbones).
- If you're pregnant, avoid using it. We are not sure if it is safe to undergo IPL hair removal treatment while you are pregnant. However, you will find it challenging to ask a practitioner to perform this treatment during your pregnancy. This is because IPL treatment isn’t usually done on pregnant women.
- Also, no such testing is likely to occur as it would be unethical.
- The device should only be used by people over the age of 16.
- If you have tattoos, cover them securely.
- Use caution if you have broken or burned skin.
The Pinkzio Guarantee
Pinkzio stands our IPL hair removal with a 90-day guarantee and full refund if you're not completely satisfied. We fully recognize that the IPL is not suitable for all skin tones and hair colors. If you're unsure if IPL is the best option for you, check out our excellent skin tone and hair color guide for IPL.
Hair removal with perfect quality. Shop on Pinkzio beauty now.